Making proper window covering selections is not as simple as you might think. Sure, you can do your homework, but the results you end up with can range from so-so to stunning! Here are some tips:
• Establish your specific needs -- whether just for privacy or for looks or both.
• Consider your lifestyle, light issues, privacy needs, budget constraints, how long you’ll
be in your home and energy needs.
• Also consider the design desired to blend well with your décor.
• Consider the guarantees offered by the supplier on the product and installation.
• Contact us for exceptional service - before, during and after the project. We'll take care
of all the tasks, from initial measurements to helping you select the product to
Wood vs. Vinyl Shutters
We were called in to replace wooden shutters installed by another company. They were only 5 years old and yet showed signs of severe wear and tear already.
Warping of the wood was apparent as was the paint chipping.
The louvers sustained several cracks as a result of repeated use.
In contrast, vinyl shutters can generally be expected to last many years with minimal care. They are extremely durable and are scratch- and dent-resistant. Eclipse™ Shutters is the only shutter company that offers a 25-year warranty on their shutters.
Eclipse™ Shutters will not get damaged from the sun, as they're UV-resistant. They are a perfect choice for high-moisture areas such as bathrooms, as they cannot be damaged by water or steam. You can even clean them with mild soap and water and the surface won't be damaged, unlike their more costly wood counterparts. Vinyl shutters are a durable and low-maintenance product that will last and last.